We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Server 3.7 support the new IReport?

glapira

Hello,

If I use the new version of IReport (3.7.2) to create reports, will JasperServer Community Edition 3.7 continue to support it or do I have to stay with the IReport (3.7) that JasperServer installer came with?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Post Edited by glapira at 04/20/2010 14:01

Post Edited by glapira at 04/20/2010 14:02

Post Edited by glapira at 04/20/2010 14:28

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

manshack_one
Wrote:

any idea how far away JasperServer update is for support of 3.7.2?

If you're talking about CE, probably until the next release which is months away.

In the meantine, you can get the JR 3.7.0.1 (or 3.7.0) sources, merge the fix for the bug you mentioned and build a patched jar for JS.

Regards,

Lucian

I had 3.7.0 for iReport and JS CE.  With that version there was a problem with the List component stopping at the bottom of the page it was created on.  If you had more data than would fit it just truncated at the bottom of the page.  Tracker ID is 4530.  When I upgraded iReport to 3.7.2 the problem went away but JS is still on 3.7.0 so it works in iReport but not on JS.

Gaby38
Wrote:

As for me, I replaced the 3.7.0 jasperreport jar in jasperserver with the 3.7.2 jasperreport jar from ireport without any problem till now.

That would work up to a point, but for instance report units with external queries will fail.

Regards,

Lucian