JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

JasperReports 0.6.4 with JFreeChart 0.9.21

2004 IR Help

By: David Lim - aberrant80

JasperReports 0.6.4 with JFreeChart 0.9.21

2005-01-24 03:32

Is that combination possible? Cos I noticed that the sample that comes with JR 0.6.4 is using an older version of JFreeChart.

The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting this exception:

[junit] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jfree/data/PieDataset

[junit] at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

[junit] at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:219)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRClassLoader.loadClassForName(JRClassLoader.java:109)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.createScriptlet(JRBaseFiller.java:759)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.<init>(JRBaseFiller.java:359)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:126)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRVerticalFiller.<init>(JRVerticalFiller.java:118)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:151)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:472)

[junit] at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperRunManager.runReportToPdf(JasperRunManager.java:318)

Checking the latest JFreeChart, PieDataset is now in package org.jfree.data.general.

Does that mean JasperReports is incompatible with the latest JFreeChart library? If so, where is the dependency so that I might modify and recompile? If not, is this simply my own class path error? Or is this even a JFreeChart bug?

Comments appreciated.

By: sunnf - sunnf

RE: JasperReports 0.6.4 with JFreeChart 0.9.21

2005-01-24 17:37

It is not same version.

Jfreechat's version code is not same.

you see source.

RE: JasperReports 0.6.4 with JFreeChart 0.9.2

2005-01-24 18:52

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately, I have no idea what you mean...

I know it's not the same version (although I have no idea which library you're referring to).

JFreeChart's version code is not the same? What's version code? The code between versions or is the version number wrong?

See source. Right. Um... source of ....?

2005-01-24 19:00

Apparently, I MUST use JFreeChart version 0.9.19 and MUST use JCommon 0.9.4 and not the latest versions. Any reason why?

By: Xeno - xenoryet

2005-01-26 15:31

I have also been trying to get the JFreeChart example to run using the latest JFree chart.

You can change the imports to get the new location of the DefaultPieDataset, and that part works fine.

However, I haven't figured out what happened to JCommonDrawableRenderer(), as that class no longer exists apparently, and I'm not sure what to use in it's place. If you figure it out, let me know.

2005-01-26 21:47

Hmm? Everything's working fine when I reused the older version of JFreeChart that came with JasperReports sample.

As for JCommonDrawableRenderer, isn't it a class supplied for the jasper sample? It's not from the JFreeChart library.

2005-01-27 02:03

Argh! I finally found out why it happened. Someone left an older version of jfreechart on the class path... sigh.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic