We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error? JReport detail wrap around & missing words

waybillmak

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

You have attached plenty of screenshots from CrystalReports, which are useless, but no screenshot from iReport or JasperReports output, so that we can see what the problem is.

Did you check the "isStretchWithOverflow" option of the text field?

Why do you use versions of iReport and JasperReports that are years old. Can't you upgrade to the latest?

Thank you,

Teodor

Hello Teodord,

Thank you for your reply.

I have been looking for this kind of help for a long time since our seminary is phasing out Crystal Report.  Now, all reports but one has problem.

I did use "isStretchWithOverflow" and "PrintWhenOverFlow" options.  In fact, I have find some interesting things today

1. When I run in report in iReport and view the result using JRViewer, it is ok, i.e. the text wrap around and no missing words.  Then I saved the output in pdf format, and view it using Acrobat Reader in window.  Also, the text wrap around and no missing words.

2. When I copied the JasperReport 3.1.0.jar into the live enviroment and generated the same report to pdf format using JSP.  I can not get the right output, i.e. course 418's title has been runcated and no wrap around occurs.

Do you have any suggestion, any problems or setting I missed?

Waybill