Job scheduler not working

chaddn

I'm using Jasperserver 3.5.1 on CentOS.  Everything works great, except for the job scheduler.  I configured the necessary mail server settings in js.quartz.properties and I confirmed I can telnet to the smtp port on my mail server.  When I run the report job, it does not give me an error (in the web UI), I receive no email, and it does not generate the PDF file in the repository folder I chose to store it in.

In jasperserver.log I see the attached unhandled exception being thrown.  Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks,

Chadd

Code:
20:58:18,352 ERROR ErrorLogger,JasperServerScheduler_Worker-0:2015 - Job (ReportJobs.job_2 threw an exception.org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception. [see nested exception: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: jsexception.user.expired]        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:206)        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)* Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSException: jsexception.user.expired        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.common.service.impl.AcegiSecurityContextProvider.setAuthenticatedUser(AcegiSecurityContextProvider.java:98)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)        at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:281)        at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:199)        at $Proxy8.setAuthenticatedUser(Unknown Source)        at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.scheduling.quartz.ReportExecutionJob.execute(ReportExecutionJob.java:186)        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I found the issue via another forum post.

I am using LDAP authentication against Active Directory and for some reason the Ldap user that I logged in as to create most of my reports says "This user is NOT enabled" when I look at it in the Users module.  All of the other ldap/external users say they are enabled, except for this one.  Since the scheduler runs the report as the user that created it, I assume this is why it is saying the user is expired.

So, my questions are can I enable that external Ldap user in the jasper user store?  If not, can I assign my existing reports to an internal Jasper user so the scheduler can run them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chadd

I don't know why that user is not enabled. Did the password fail at some point?

Can you enable them through the UI? I can't remember whether you can for external users.

If not, the hack would be to update the jiuser table to enable them.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

I don't think the password failed ever, and I know it hasn't changed.  Strange that is the only account like this.

There is no function to enable external users in the User admin.

I just went and redeployed the few reports I needed to schedule using the jasperadmin user.  I'll just use that from now on.

Thanks for the reply!

Chadd