We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to bypass login

suedonne123

In upgrading to JasperServer 3.7 and also deploying the reports via liferay portal...I would like to change my method of authentication...Here is what I want...I am using home-grown authentication that will give me list of "authorization" tokens...

one of these tokens will indicate a jasperserver username to map to...

in JasperServer I will NOT have logins for individual users but rather just a few logins which define their reporting role...

so some users will map to jasperserver login "manager", and some will map to "operator" and have different reports displayed based on permissions in jasperserver...

I will be serving up reports via frames inside portlets running under liferay and I just want to auto-login...

Can this be accomplished with existing Acegi framework in JasperServer?  Can you point me to some documentation/example on this?

NOTE: I am not really interested in the JasperServer login screen calling my home-grown authentication...I just want to auto-login to JasperServer with one of the subset of users...

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but this is auto-creating the users in JasperServer which is NOT what I want...   :(

perhaps I will look at the code and see what is going on there...

what I really want to do is map each user to one of 3 or 4 different jasperserver logins...that indicate role level /permissions...

I was doing this in 3.0.2 by just passing j_username/j_password as hidden input fields...now I am not able to do this since I cannot post params to iframe which I am using in portlet to wrap jasperserver...not a great solution but simple and it worked...

• 1 month later...

Sorry, where can I find such configuration?

I checked portlet.xml but I couldn't find anything related to that matter.

The only way so far for me to access jasperserver from the portlet in liferay, is to manually create an user in jasperserver  with the same  user/pass as in liferay.