We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Connect Error when connecting to repository

ericlomm

Hello,

Based on the PHP sample and client needs I have developed a PHP client front end to the Web services repository on our jasperserver box. Using the PHP front end that I have developed I am now able to get access to client specific reports working from computers that are behind our local firewall. I have now started opening up external access to the jasperserver so that our clients can get into the reports we have created for them.

This is where I seem to be running into an issue. When I try to connect to the web service through my PHP pages from the external website I am now getting the error message "Connect error to hostname:8080" when I try to connect to the server.

If I enter the address "http://hostname:8080/jasperserver/services/repository" I am getting the login screen and when I login I am seeing the initial repository page for jasperserver. So it seems that I have all of the firewall settings setup correctly.

Why would the PHP login screen be giving an error message when I am logging in from an external computer? Do I need to add that external computers IP to some file somewhere?

Eric Lommatsch

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic