We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

ireports using domains

damienc

Hi,

I'm the processing of evaluating jaspersoft.

I'm looking to create some dashboard components using ireports based on a domain. I've created a domain and can setup a connection to it through ireports.

When I try to preview the reports/charts I'm getting some class not found errors;

com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.Schema

com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.datasource.SemanticLayerFactory

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User

Could someone please point me to these classes?

Some details: using 3.7, ireports on windows, jasperserver on seperate linux install.

Thanks,

Damien.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were you using the version of iReport that came with the JS 3.7 Pro installation?

Are the exceptions on the server or on the iReport side?

Where are you previewing the reports? In iReport? Via the JasperServer plugin?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Were you using the version of iReport that came with the JS 3.7 Pro installation?

Yes. Although i have two installs, the server on linux and using ireports from a windows install.

Are the exceptions on the server or on the iReport side?

The exceptions are reported on the iReport side, when i try to preview the reports in iReport

Where are you previewing the reports? In iReport? Via the JasperServer plugin?

In iReport, note the JasperServer plugin is installed.

I can save the report to the the server, then view the report through the server. 

Thanks,

Damien.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I have the same problem. Is this just iReport issue? Does that mean I can view it from the server?

1. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.Schema      2. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.commons.semantic.datasource.SemanticLayerFactory      3. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.domain.User     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.verifyDesign(JRAbstractCompiler.java:258)     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRAbstractCompiler.compileReport(JRAbstractCompiler.java:140)     at com.jaspersoft.ireport.designer.compiler.IReportCompiler.run(IReportCompiler.java:494)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Task.run(RequestProcessor.java:572)     at org.openide.util.RequestProcessor$Processor.run(RequestProcessor.java:997)

• 1 year later...

I had the same problem, and solved it.

Nevermind the "missing" errors you get in the iReport Problems Window.
Instead, look in your iReport Output Window when compiling, it will tell you which classes you're missing.
Then search in your jasperserver-pro-3.7.1/scripts/lib directory for *.jar files containing the name of the class, fi :

find . -exec grep -il AclObjectIdentity {} \;

and you will be pointed to the jars you need to include in the iReport classpath.

You will need :

ji-semantic-layer-3.7.1.jar
jasperserver-api-metadata-3.7.1.jar
jasperserver-api-common3.7.1.jar
spring-security-core-2.0.4.jar

before you can begin to compile your domain report.

Hope that helps,

Sven.