JasperServer 3.5 to 3.7 upgrade procedure

sjongenelen

Is there any upgrade procedure for JasperServer 3.5.1 pro to 3.7RC?
i'm trying to upgrade using the windows installer. I do not wish to maintain the pro version, i just want to check out the functions of 3.7

I've done the installer, but it doesnt install my current reports and users so i guess its not 'picking up' my current config..

When i choose 'use existing tomcat server' and 'use existing mysql server' it says that all data will be overwritten...?! that doesnt seem right?

I think i've chosen the wrong MySQL source, but the one in C:Program Filesjasperserver-pro-3.5.1mysql
is giving an error that i cannot use that one. I've read this is a known error and i should first uninstall the current JasperServer, but doesnt that remove all my settings??

also, should i run the MySQL statement (mysql-ce-upgrade-3.5.0-to-3.7.0.sql) before or after the installation?

What is the way to go? The older upgrade guides i could find are all Linux based, and old

'thx in advance

Post Edited by sjongenelen at 01/21/2010 09:57

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ive been wondering around a bit and found the JS-export.bat  script. When i try to run these, using the following command:

C:Program Filesjasperserver-pro-3.5.1scriptsjs-export.bat --everything --output-dir js-backup.zip

Which will result in the following error:

"WARNING: Did not find a JAVA_HOME environment variable setting. Script will con
tinue."
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Filesjasperserver-pr
o-3/5/1scriptsjs-export/bat --configResources   --everything --output-dir back
up/zip
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Filesjasperserver-pro-3.5.1script
sjs-export.bat --configResources   --everything --output-dir backup.zip
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Could not find the main class: Filesjasperserver-pro-3.5.1scriptsjs-export.bat --configResources   --everything --output-dir backup.zip.  Program will exit

I've not set a JAVA_HOME variables in my win2k3 machine, but that's because im uncertain where to point it to... 

edit: i've read in the following topic that i might not be possible to run the batch scripts on non windows 2000 or XP machines..
is this true?
(source:http://www.jasperforge.com/plugins/espforum/view.php?group_id=112&forumid=102&topicid=52101)

ppf update: after referring the JAVA_HOME variable towards my java directory on the server (and a reboot) i got it to work :) next step is to import it in 3.7 RC

ill just leave it here on the forums for others :)

Post Edited by sjongenelen at 01/21/2010 12:48

Post Edited by sjongenelen at 01/21/2010 14:26