We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

User and Role Management in Jasperserver 3.5

vishal29bhp

Hello Everybody,

I am using jasperserver 3.5 community edition and My issue is:

1) Created One ROLE which is responsible for User and Role management only.

2) After login by the user associated with this ROLE it is redirected to userListFlow.

Problem :

1) For this role i dont want to show jasperadmin,anonymoususer in the users list.

2) i dont want to show ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR,ROLE_ANONYMOUS in the roles list.

How can i do this or is there any other way to acheive this in best possible manner.

This senerio is also attached as images.

Regards

Vishal

Post Edited by vishal29bhp at 01/04/2010 08:36

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With some server configuration, you should be able to give access to user management to only users with a particular role. You can suppress menu options, and also block access to user admin functions at the API level.

In order to have these user admin users not see or be able to update jasperadmin and anonymous, you would need to change the underlying service code to to that. Otherwise, we have multi-tenancy features in JasperServer Professional that allow delegated user administration.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

The user and role admin functions use the UserAuthorityServiceImpl. Add some debugging in there to see how the UI accesses this service and you can override the behavior that lists users to exclude jasperadmin and anonymous based on the role of the user making the request.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Thanks Sherman ,

I followed your suggestion and able to not showing jasperadmin and anonymous user in the list

of   user   when    particular user logged in .It is work well in functionality.I maniipulated

convertUserListToDtoList, convertRoleListToDtoList methods in my  UserServiceAuthorityImpl class.

But Now I am facing  new problem as UI of jasperserver showing negative values in

itemListNavigationPanel.

Plz see the attached image of the issue. Same thing is happening when i see RoleList.

Thanks and Regards

Vishal