We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

jasperserver-ce-3.7.0 export broken - BUG

gkuehnberger

It seems the export/import scripts, their settings or the mysql jars are broken in:
   jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-RC-linux-installer.bin

Howto reproduce:
- install jasperserver-ce-3.7.0-RC-linux-installer.bin in complete standalone (tomcat & mysql) mode eg. on debian
- webinterface and webservices worked fine so far
- however export import did not worke like:

cd <js-install>
cd scripts
./js-export.sh --everything --output-dir /tmp/370

results in:

12:21:40,678 ERROR JDBCExceptionReporter:101 - Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'jasperdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
12:21:40,681  WARN SettingsFactory:133 - Could not obtain connection to query metadata
org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'jasperdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.createDataSource(BasicDataSource.java:855)
        at org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:540)
        at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.getConnection(LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider.java:82)

- testing the DB conection see below, worked fine though:
cd <js-install>
cd mysql/bin
./mysql -ujasperdb -ppassword -P3306 -h127.0.0.1

Please advice on cause and fix or let me know wether I should file a bugreport.

Thanks, regards Georg

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you change your msql test to hit localhost instead of the localhost IP, does it still work? 

./mysql -ujasperdb -ppassword -P3306 -hlocalhost

Just curious because if you log into mysql and then 'use mysql' and do a 'select * from user', it should show you all the hosts that are allowed to access the database (you can modify this table as needed). 

I would expect there to be an entry for host=% and user=jasperdb (which would allow jasperdb to connect from any host), but this does sound like an issue that I ran into a while back, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

• 2 weeks later...