HTML Template Exporter Add-on for JasperReports

damo73

Hi

I made some enquiries about this product ($199) from the JasperSoft web site a few weeks back but have not received any response.

I'm after this type of product to allow end user's to sort, filter etc...

Application Environment
Oracle 10g database
WebLogic 10g application server
JasperServer 3.5.0 (slightly customised community edition)
JasperReports 3.5.0
iReports 3.6.0

The advertisement on the web site states that the product is designed to be used with JasperReports v3.0.0 and that it is sold as is...now $199 is not much I know, but has it been tested with JasperReports 3.5.0?

Does it work out of the box?  Or is there some configuring involved?

Thanks
Damian

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not an expert with this product, however I have used it a couple of times and found it quite useful when your requirements demand a very specific output (sortable HTML is a perfect example).

I recently used it with JasperServer 3.5.1 (tomcat,mysql), JasperReports 3.5.0 and iReport 3.5.0 without issues.

If I recall correctly (if I am wrong I'm sure someone will correct me), set up in JasperServer is as simple as a small modification to the web.xml, the addition of a new Jar(s), adding some javascript files and then adding the velocity templates the exporter will use.

When you deploy the report built in iReport to JasperServer, in the customization section you reference a custom JSP page you will create to ensure your output is generated by the template exporter.

Most of the work will be done in your velocity templates. At the report level there are some custom properties you need to ensure are in place. The package contains a sample report and velocity template you can follow to get started.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more details.

Hi Damian!

I've worked on and helped test this product.  Luke is correct that it will work on JR 3.5.  Some configuration is required, but the instructions to do so are provided with the product.  The main thing is you need to add some properties to your JRXML template for sorting, folding, and background images to work.  Also, in the current revision of the product for sale in the shop, sorting only happens once and happens one way (ascending only).  We're currently testing a more robust exporter that will allow sorting in both directions by clicking on table column headers, as well as improvements that will allow it to better integrate with JasperServer.  Hope that helps.

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...