We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

"User does not exist"error when importing schedule

mcandea

Hi,

I am trying to include a schedule for one of my reports in my deployment package. For this, I have created the schedule on an instance of the server and exported everything with js-export. But when I am trying to import on another instance of JasperServer, I get:

User jasperadmin does not exist, skipping job 1 of report...

Needless to say that user jasperadmin does exists, so does source report, so does the destination folder.

Anything else that may be wrong and maybe not properly reported by js-import?

Thanks,

Marius

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a bug in import/export.

Can you import the users before you import the resources and schedules?

Hmmm, when you said "export everything", did you do an export of the whole repository, or just the schedules?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Post Edited by swood at 12/20/2009 18:28

Hi Sherman, thank you for your answer!

I made simpler and simpler tries. I ended up exporting and importing on my local server.

The simplest thing I did was to export just the schedule, then try to import it, same message about jasperadmin not existing.

Also I created another user and the schedule for that user, I exported the whole repository, then deleted my reports and the user, then tried to import. Here's an excerpt of the import log:

Created user myuser of tenant organization_1...Imported resource /organizations/organization_1/Reports/threshold...User myuser does not exist, skipping job 2 of report /organizations/organization_1/Reports/thresholdCreated 0 job(s) for report /organizations/organization_1/Reports/threshold

I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. I am using JS 3.5.1 and the scripts for that version.

Thanks,

Marius

Post Edited by mcandea at 12/22/2009 15:39

I can't recreate this problem. Here is what I did.

• Added the testexport user to organization_1
  • Created a schedule with testexport and jasperadmin
  • Ran js-export --report-jobs /organizations/organization_1/reports  --users "testexport|organization_1" --output-zip = ..\scheduleAndUser.zip

Exporting user testexport of tenant organization_1

Exported 2 job(s) for the /organizations/organization_1/reports/samples/Employees report unit

• Deleted the jobs and the testexport user
  • Ran: js-import --input-zip ..\scheduleAndUser.zip

Created user testexport of tenant organization_1

Created 2 job(s) for report /organizations/organization_1/reports/samples/Employees

All looked good.

Sherman

Jaspersoft