Multiple datasource config for single report unit

teamireport

HI Folks,

I would like to know the following requirement is doable or not ?

i have a 'n' number of jrmxl uploaded in the jasperserver thats points to one datasource where i specified  the dbname say ( db1) .since my webapplication db name is 'db1'

having this setup i'm calling all reports via webservice from my web application.i'm able to generated report and see the results. this webapplication dbname called as 'db1'.so that i have created js datasource dbname as 'db1'.

if we do install our webapplication with jasperserver intergrated for other client say 'clientB' and its dbname called as 'db2'.

here how i can dynamically change the datasource dbname say (db2) from 'db1'  for the 'clientB' ,where all the jrxml is already pre-configured(i.e pointed to datasource 'db1') .

for this requirements i have found few apporached like.

creating multiple datasource for (db1,db2)  and same multiple jrmxls with different datasource configured. this apporach is fine.but i'm looking forward is any other way we can do dynamically set datasource for different databases ?

can anyone pl.guide me how this can be achivable ?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jdevine,

ya we have discussed there and after our discussion i have tried to undestand custom datasource concept.i understood the example shipped with jasperserver a bi.

but still i'm not clear for my requirements how i go with custom datasource apporach ,as i have posted two times.

from your comments below, you got my doubt and  where i'm struggling.

snip>>

Point your jrxml files to a custom datasource and then have that map to different datasources based on an input parameter.

Are you looking for something different?

1 .here point jrxml to a custom datasource ,which means (Datasource which has two diff db name) , correct me if understood wrongly?

2. how to map to different datasources for single report. and how to pass (datasource as input parameter).

could you please elaborate on this ,so that i can easily take your valuable suggestions please?

Post Edited by teamireport at 12/14/2009 16:19