Error while creating New User and organization

kpant

Hi,

I have Jasperserver-pro3.5 running in Websphere6.1.

1) When I try to create a user or organization it gives me error:-

ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Uncaught exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet: /WEB-INF/decorators/main.jsp. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.UserAuthorityServiceImpl.getSourceAuthentication(UserAuthorityServiceImpl.java:829)

2) When I try to generate report name 'Claim Detail Report ' (sample report) I get an error

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(WSJdbcPreparedStatement.java:257)
at com.ibm.ws.rsadapter.jdbc.WSJdbcConnection.createPreparedStatementWrapper(WSJdbcConnection.java:1170)

Thanks in Advance......

Post Edited by kpant at 10/28/2009 16:26

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you show the full stack traces?

'Claim Detail Report' is not a sample report shipped with JasperServer.

Do any of the shipped report samples work? What database are you connecting to? Does the data source in JasperServer work - does it "test" successfully in the browser?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Hi Sherman,

The problem I was facing was because of the incorrect version of the mysql-connector-java-5.1.5.jar which is shipped with the war file of jasperserver-pro-bin-3.5.1 and even documented.

This driver class does not support websphere fully, therefore I was not able to create new user, report, organization etc.

The correct ver of jar is mysql-connector-java-5.1.7.jar .

I have already raised this with the jasper support people and have asked them to update the war file and the related documents....

Thanks for your time.....

KPant