We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Sepcial Chart with Time Axis

englbrechtful

Hello Community,

situation:

Ive got a DB with a table "logging" that has the following relevant columns: time(timestamp), errorcode(string).

I want a chart where i can see how often a certain errorcode appears in relation to the time.

I tried this with a simple query "select * from logging where time between '2009-09-09' and current_timestamp" for example. then created a time chart with this data. this works.

The problem is the big amount of data, there are about 5000 such entrys every day.

So I figured i need some pre processing of the data, for example a lot of querys like this:

"Select count(*) from logging where errorcode = '1x0' and time between '2009-09-09 00:00:00' and '2009-09-09 00:05:00'"

That means if i want to see a graph for a certain error from 24 hours, i need 12*24=288 querys and those results i could use for my chart.

Any suggestions how i could implement that?

Im happy for every comment! If you dont understand my situation ask, i will try to concretise it.

Thx,

Stefan

Post Edited by englbrechtful at 10/07/2009 11:04

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

englbrechtful
Wrote:

"create a report groups that breaks every 5 minutes"

You can write a method that truncates a date value to 5 minutes, place it in a utility class or in the report scriptlet and use it in the report as group expression.

Regards,

Lucian

Code:
public static Date truncateTo5Mins(Date time){	Calendar cal = Calendar.getInstance();	cal.setTime(time);	cal.set(Calendar.MILLISECOND, 0);	cal.set(Calendar.SECOND, 0);	int minutes = cal.get(Calendar.MINUTE);	cal.set(Calendar.MINUTE, minutes / 5 * 5);	return cal.getTime();}