Need help! Adding Images to Report

eazydi

Hi ho,

i've got a big problem with adding images.

First: I'm a big noob in developing reports with IReport and i try it out for the first time...so please excuse stupid questions (and also my bad english *cough*)  /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif.

Step by Step:

I add an Image to my Report and insert an absolute path in the picture properties (e.g. "C:\Bilder\Logo.jpg" )

First question: is this the right expression for a file path? In my IReport everythings fine...i can see the Logo in the image frame.

However...when i print my report, there's an errormessage in my App like: 'FOP: Byte data not found at location: C.BilderLogo.jpg' ... unfortunately i dunno how i can handle this Error.

I hope you can help a noob out... /tools/fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/msn/wink_smile.gif

greetz

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually yes, the line of path  you use for the image is fine. Here's a path I use for an image and it works perfectly E:\\Users\\Isabel\\Documents\\Kitty.JPG

In the other hand if the Image is really in that location I don'tknow what is the reason for the error. You can try passig the image path as a report parameter. You create a parameter and put it as variable expression of the image. Later you can pass the address from your application before send to print the report .

imeza  

Hey imeza,

first...thanx for help!

i've tried it out the way you've explained it to me but there is still the same problem.

I add a report parameter with the filepath (just the Path, not the File) as default value. 

Then i add an image to my report... $P{PARAMETERNAME} + "Logo.jpg".

Same errormessage : Byte data not found at location: C.\\Bilder\\Logo.jpg\

Is there a special place where the images must be stored on the server?

Greetz

• 4 weeks later...

Hey ho... thanx for helping me out...

Got it! The way i've tried it out was right but the Image-path was totaly wrong ;-) I've changed the Path and now it works fine!

Thanx Imeza for the image parameter hint...thats nice