We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Hibernate 3 annotations - JasperFillManager

rkm258

Hi,

I was wondering if the latest release of JasperReports API has the support for filling the report using JasperFillManager, using the Hibernate 3 annotations.

I have several database entities (.java files) that are annotated using the latest release of hibernate 3. Hence there are no .hbm.xml files anymore. Now using the JasperFillManager and Hibernate Session instance sent using the jasper report parameter JRHibernateQueryExecuterFactory.PARAMETER_HIBERNATE_SESSION, will JasperReport be able to execute the HQL query defined in the JRXML file.

I'am new to using Hibernate in JasperReport, but have extensive knowledge and expertise in JasperReport, IReport in general, hence any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rmukkamalla
Wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if the latest release of JasperReports API has the support for filling the report using JasperFillManager, using the Hibernate 3 annotations.

I have several database entities (.java files) that are annotated using the latest release of hibernate 3. Hence there are no .hbm.xml files anymore. Now using the JasperFillManager and Hibernate Session instance sent using the jasper report parameter JRHibernateQueryExecuterFactory.PARAMETER_HIBERNATE_SESSION, will JasperReport be able to execute the HQL query defined in the JRXML file.

I'am new to using Hibernate in JasperReport, but have extensive knowledge and expertise in JasperReport, IReport in general, hence any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Ram

My advice is to try it and see whether it works.  Wouldn't that be better than me telling you that it works, and possibly being wrong?

Regards,

Lucian