Install problem on Linux

rogerthomas

Hi,

I'm trying to install jasperserver 3.5 onto a SLES 10 SP2 environment and see the following 2 issues

1) During installation of MySQL a dialog pops up stating that no mysql group exists.

2) At the end of installation the following is shown

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
 Error running /opt/jasperserver-3.5.0/scripts/mysql/sampledata_init.sh jasperadmin : /opt/jasperserver-3.5.0/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at '127.0.0.1' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
/opt/jasperserver-3.5.0/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at '127.0.0.1' failed
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
/opt/jasperserver-3.5.0/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at '127.0.0.1' failed

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Roger

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI rogerthomas,

snip >>

opt/jasperserver-3.5.0/mysql/bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at \'127.0.0.1\' failed

error looks like your  'mysql' service is not started ....since your using linux make sure mysql service is running  or not by  this  

ps -e | grep "mysql"

this cmd will list process running in the mysql.if not listed anything.then you have to start mysql and then try the installation.

And also pl.make sure you should have set password for 'root@localhost' / 'root@127.0.0.1'  for mysql  user. these are the common things we need to make sure while installing the jasperserver.

Pl. do a above check and let me know if need any help.

-teamireport

The error was seen during the installation process, in which I had selected that both Tomcat and MYSQL are installed as part of the process so I did not have control over the configuring or running of MYSQL.

My solution to the problem was to install MYSQL by hand and then try the JasperServer installation again.

Thanks

Roger