Hyperlink creation on StackedBarchart

teamireport

HI All,

First of all i'm very sorry for this  post. i have been gone through all the forum related to making a hyperlink in a chart / different scenarios and most of the forums are not answered.

Can anyone please guide me how to make a hyperlink in StackedbarChart scenario.

My requirements are as follows.

i have a one master report say 'MasterReport' and 4 subreport say 'SubReport1'  , 'SubReport2','SubReport3' ,'SubReport4' .

My MasterReport have 'stackedbarchart' report with 4 bars with PASS/Fail count

and have subreports in 'PIE' charts .

I want to create a hyperlink on MasterReport  on 'FAIL' bar. it has to take me to one of the 4 subreport.

Can anyone plz. guiddme on creating the  hyper link on bars that should open a one of my 4 subreports?

Post Edited by teamireport at 09/09/2009 16:34

Post Edited by teamireport at 09/09/2009 16:35

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you use iReport to design the reports, you can set the chart hyperlinks by opening the Chart data/details dialog for the chart and opening the Item Hyperlink tab for a category serie.

Here you need to select ReportExecution as Hyperlink type, and then adding a link parameter named _report that has the URI of the report unit that you want the link to open as value (e.g. "/reports/details/SubReport1"). Note that the subreports need to be uploaded to JasperServer as (independent) report units, not directly as JRXML resources.

Regards,

Lucian

Hello lucianc,

Thanks ton for a quick reply !

Ya, i'm using i-report  to design a  charts. I sincerely followed your steps  ( i.e) as follows

right click on chart  -> selected chart data-->selected details tab-->selected categories series of Item Hyperlink. Here i noticed one thing in ireport 3.5.2 version (i.e) as you said choose Hyperlink type as 'ReportExecution' . I dont see the option called 'ReportExecution' in hyperlink type drop down list and also i have checked  ireport in 3.0.0 there too not available.

And i could see the option 'ReportExecution' value available  in this steps Rightclick chart -- > selected hyperlink. there option is available.

and regarding my queries," i would like to see the subreport opening separately by clicking on the each bar units. not by clicking anywhere on masterreport chart ".

for an example from attached master and subreport chart,

MasterReport chart has 4 stacked bar Say LinkChecker,spellchecker,html validator, image compare.  Each bar has two series 'PASS' (green color) and 'FAIL'(red color) .

If i take my mouseover / click on  one of the series say 'FAIL' (red color)  under Linkerchecker  in Master report that has to open corressponding SubReport separately .. likewise for other 3 bars too.

Can you please guide me how to achieve this and i'll document this scenario with clear steps and make available in docs then other communtiy members can use for their clarification.

Thanks in Advance,

teamireport

Post Edited by teamireport at 09/10/2009 11:59

teamireport
Wrote:

I dont see the option called 'ReportExecution' in hyperlink type drop down list and also i have checked  ireport in 3.0.0 there too not available.

This looks like a glitch in iReport 3.5.2. Try to open the JasperServer Repository Navigator (from the Window) menu, that might make the ReportExecution hyperlink type available. Or you can type ReportExecution yourself in the Hyperlink type input box.

Regards,

Lucian