how to pass sub-report parameters to master report

dprogrammer

Hi,

Can someone share how are parameters passed from sub-report to master report? I have a variable in sub-report REPORT_COUNT. I want to pass it to main report and use it in an expression. Currently I am doing this but its not working.

Subreport properties --> Suberport (other) tab--> Subreport return values tab, and linked the REPORT_COUNT variable of subreport with a new declared variable of master report (Destination variable)but the value is coming up blank in master report.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you are Passing the system REPORT_COUNT in your subereport to a Parameter or Variable declared in your sunreport and then passing that value back to your master report? some things to check...

I suggest you first add a Field object to your subreport and print that count value so you can see that the actual count number is correct/what you are expecting.

Add another Field to your Master report as the result parameter/Varable to ensure that the number returning from the subreport is the same.

Then you may need to check the "Evaluation Time" property of the return parameter and the Reset Type on the Varable as this can determine the result.

Also you may want to check that you are not trying to determine the value of the return value before the subreport has set it.

Luck!