We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

No field values in JasperViewer

miramon

Hi

I am new to jasper reports. I wanted view a jasper report in html. I used jasperreports 1.3. 1

My problem is that I cannot see the field values eventough the field names are displayed and no errors reported.

I have no idea why there are no values. Please help me.
http://www.coderanch.com/templates/default/images/spacer.gif
Code:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a report you developed yourself? check the fields in the report are large enough to hold the data (height & length) - maybe set Stretch with overflow property on the field?

to test try static text and see if you get the same result or try a sample report from the JasperReports project.

Hi,

I used iReport  and it works perfectly fine on the server side. I guess there is some problem with 'file'. I had define 'file' as:

FileInputStream file = new FileInputStream("D:\\Report\\reportCandidate.jasper");[/code]

When I give file.read() an error message 'Error loading object from InputStream' is displayed.

Do you think this could be the problem? If so, How do I set the right path for 'file'.

I am not very sure where the problem lies.

Hi again,

I found out that if I put a line or a static text on the column header or page footer, it is getting displayed when I run it. But when I put the same thing in detail part, it is not being displayed.

Am I missing any jar file? Where could the problem be?

Please help me. Thanks in advance

• 6 months later...