We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Time series chart in iReport

ruyi

Hi everybody

I am now using iReport version 3.5.2. I am new user of it.

I want to change the scale of time axis and value axis  and also want to get time axis tick label mask in vertically.And also want to reduce the shape of the value expression line.The thickness of shpe is very thick for me.

How to solve this problem in iReport?

Next problem is that i want to insert nearly 50 charts in one reports. In iReport can insert  just 2 charts in summary band ,even i did the maximum band height. At the same time, my report need to present the subtable beside the chart .The data shown in this table is one part of the data of main reports so i need to write many queries to extract the data from main report's  fields. Datasets can't be used in this part. And also only detail band is working for extracting data from database.iReport gives only one page for one report that contain predefied 9 parts of band. I want to insert 50 charts that have subtable beside .The data for subtable is need to fill by writing queires. I can only create  one chart and one subtable and one query for extracting data in  one .jrxml file.How can i do it?

Please somebody know about it,  give me suggestion to pass this problem. I attached my sample report pdf file that i did in iReport for reference. I need your help.

Thanks and Regards,

RuYi.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It would be better to post one message for each separate issue.

You can create 50 charts in different ways.

1. You could try use a detail section with 50 bands. Note that in recent versions of JR, the detail section have more than one band.

2. You could embed 50 subreports into a master report.

3. You could have a master report that iterates through 50 records and for each record generates a different subreport having a different chart and data.

As for the shapes in the line graph, there is no setting to change their size, but there is a setting to remove the altogether. However, I don't think this is the problem you face. Your chart data is too dense, and you need to group your data by larger intervals and have fewer points in the graph, making it cleaner.

Not sure wha you meant for the lable masks.

I hope this helps.

Teodor