We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperAnalysis Workbench guide/tutorial

calathea

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The documentation that comes with the Workbench has a small tutorial. There is nothing extra in the Ultimate Guide.

Is your question really "How do I do OLAP with JasperAnalysis"? Like what is a good schema, how do I map my database into JA etc?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Yes i guess that is more what i am looking for. I tried working through the tutorial but for some reason when i looked at the Foodmart demo every item has a red cross by it saying "Schema must be set" This is just using the default set-up from the jasperserver/analysis install.

I was asked by my manager to look at writing reports and while playing around with iReport and Jasperserver i found the analysis views and can see them being incredibly useful for our users.

Where can i find more info about the questions you mentioned?

"Schema must be set" indicates that the data source you set up has Tools > Connection > "Require Schema Attributes" checked. Do you need to use schemas because you are using a database like Oracle? MySQL does not use database schemas, only the database name in the URL.

As to "How do I do OLAP with JasperAnalysis"...

Do you know about facts, dimensions, measures? If not, there are a lot of books for general data warehousing and Microsoft Analysis Services that can help. The Microsoft focused books also cover MDX. There is an extended series on databasejournal.com from William Pearson that is good.

There is the Mondrian Technical Guide that covers the details of the OLAP engine, with details on schemas, configuration and supported MDX.

Sherman

Jaspersoft