jhertz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I don't know if you can answer this but would I set this parameter in the JRXlsExporter setParameter function?

Also, the package JRXlsExporter net.sf.jasperreports.export does not seem to be part of the standard jasper jars or?

Regards
Johan

Post Edited by jhertz at 08/27/2009 10:38

Hi,

You had to read all the info and click all the links in the config reference.

You would have thus reached this explanation which tells you what exporter parameter to set:

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/api/net/sf/jasperreports/engine/export/JRXlsAbstractExporterParameter.html#PROPERTY_WHITE_PAGE_BACKGROUND

That is, if you want to set an exporter parameter...

Because actually exporter hints were created just so that you DON'T set exporte parameters anymore, but rather use those properties as custom properties in JRXML.

You need to learn more about JR and be familiar with the above mentioned concepts.

This forum is not for learning. There are tutorials and books.

Thanks,

Teodor

Hi Teodor,

Thank you for the quick reply. I agree that I probably need to learn more. However when it comes to this issue the parameter that you suggest is the one that I used in the first place. The problem with it, is that it does not set the background of the whole excel file to white, just the part witch the report uses.

So the question is really is there away to set all the excel file to have no grid lines?

If you feel that this question does not belong in this forum, feel free to ignore it or remove it.

Regards

Johan

• 1 month later...

Hi,

There is no setting in JR to deal with the gridlines outside report content area.

This must be some Excel setting or preference somewhere.

Have you tried making the lines dissapear using the Excel menu options?

If you would be able to do that with Excel, then maybe there would be a way to achieve the same with the third party libraries such as POI and JExcelApi that we use to produce XLS. We have not tried it yet because we never received this request before.

But if you cannot do it with Excel, then it is simply impossible.

Thank you,

Teodor

• 2 years later...

Hi,

Sorry for resurrecting this from the grave. But there is a setting in Excel to do this.

In Exel 2007
* View > Gridlines (Check or Uncheck to hide and show)

In Excel 2003
* Tools > Options > View > Gridline (Check or Uncheck to hide and show)

There also seems to be ways to achieve this with JExcelApi
http://jexcelapi.sourceforge.net/resources/javadocs/2_6_10/docs/jxl/SheetSettings.html#setPrintGridLines(boolean)

and POI
http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFSheet.html#setDisplayGridlines(boolean)

I was trying to achieve the same results as the OP and found this thread and discovered I couldn't. It would be nice if this could be addressed in some way.

Thanks.

Post Edited by dschu012 at 11/02/2011 18:46

• 3 years later...