jasperserver reports default pdf output

prasad_psl

Hi,

I am working on jasper server reports. i want to show pdf output when user click the report in jasperserver.

By default its taking html output.When user giving input parameters the output will shows in html report which has missing layout as defind in Ireport,but PDF output is good.

So i want that if user enters the input values then pdf report will generate not html report.

please help me .

Thanks

Prasad

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

This is a question about JasperServer, not JasperReports. You might have better luck on the JasperServer forums.

However, I can tell you that you need to modify some JasperServer code in order to achieve this.

You need to modify the JasperServer UI so that a different link is proposed in the repository browser when you see the reports.

Before doing so, I just want to make sure you are not actually trying to get passed the missing content in HTML.

Because if that is your main problem, then you should note that the HTML exporter in JasperReports is a grid exporter in which overlapping elements do not appear. But if you take care of your report templates and make sure you do not have overlapping elements when you design them, they should look in HTML exactly like in PDF. iReport gives you some warnings when elements overlap. If you fix those warnings, maybe you don't need to make PDF the default output.

I hope this helps.
Teodor