We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Joda Time Date in JasperReports?

rfolkerts
Go to solution Solved by lucianc,

Hi,

I'd like to print a report using a custom DataSource that delivers data being backed by (Hibernate) PoJos whose Dates are mapped to org.joda.time.DataTime.

While I can specify the org.joda.time.DateTime Class for the definition of the field, i.e.

<field name="cd.datePublished" class="org.joda.time.DateTime"/>

However, in the TextFieldExpression the class cannot be freely set  but must be chosen from an Enumeration in the Schema. I tried java.lang.String and java.util.Date but will get Runtime Exceptions then :-(

<textField>  <reportElement   height="20"   width="80"   x="0"   y="0" />   <textElement />   <textFieldExpression     class="java.lang.String"><![CDATA[$F{cd.datePublished}]]></textFieldExpression></textField>

I googled and searched "The Definitive Guide to JasperReports" and this Forum but didn't find a hint. Would be cool if someone had a hint for this!

MTIA!

Cheers,
_ralf_

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

just an Update... As I'm using a custom DataSource I changed that to return the "toDate()" of an Object of Type org.joda.time.DataTime. This way I can keep the DataTime-Objects in the PoJos but use Date in Reports.

However, it would be nice if there was (I'm sure there is?) a way to access the DateTime natively from withing a JR....

Cheers,

_ralf_

• Solution

JR text fields do not know how to display org.joda.time.DataTime objects, so you have to explicitly convert them to one of the known types.  You can do $F{..}.toDate() in the text field expression if you don't want to change your objects.

Regards,

Lucian

Hi Lucian,

thank you *very* much for your reply! Seems I was stupidly searching for the wrong Information (all the time I searched for "custom data types" instead of having an additional look into the Features of the JRTextField :-(

This (JRTextField) solution is much better then my work-around!

Thanks again,

cheers,

_ralf_