We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

zip problem with jasperserver-3.5.0-bin.zip

reportah

unzipping  jasperserver-3.5.0-bin.zip on a linux results in "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Malformed \uxxxx encoding"when running "js-ant create-js-db"

I suspect this is a Zip issue transforming the text files to something that can only be read by MS windows.

Is there any chance of making a compilation on a linux machine in the form jasperserver-3.5.0-bin.tar.gz

so that it can be installed on a linux machine.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The zip files are actually produced on red hat linux 5.3.  zip used is the following:

[devuser@localhost ~]$ zip -h
Copyright © 1990-2005 Info-ZIP
Type 'zip "-L"' for software license.
Zip 2.31 (March 8th 2005). Usage:

There might be something else going on here. Maybe it's not the zip but the script being run (which is normally produced on linux ... but toward the end of a release cycle it's possible to have a bug fix or so which ends up getting done on windows an checked in). Can you check that file that failed for you?

hey,

I am having the same problem too when I run the js-ant import-upgrade-ce script - during the process of upgrading JS 3.0 to 3.5.

This is the error I am getting -

13:53:36,937 ERROR ImporterImpl:109 - java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
     [java] 13:53:36,957 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: error in opening zip file
     [java] com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
     [java]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.io.ZipFileInput.open(ZipFileInput.java:51)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.performImport(ImporterImpl.java:92)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommandImpl.process(ImportCommandImpl.java:57)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.process(BaseExportImportCommand.java:87)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommand.main(ImportCommand.java:43)

I see there is a ZipFileInput.java class in the source, but no idea where it is being set in the ImporterImpl.java.

Any ideas? Please let me know if you know any resolution for this problem!

Thanks,

Sridevi

hey reportah,

Can you tell me which directory the apach-ant files are in? Is it the buildomatic directory, where the js-ant script is?

I was able to run the first 3 ant commands, just not the importupgrade-ce one. But hope this is the cause for the zip file notb eing opened!

Thanks,

Sridevi

I seemed to have fixed it. I am not sure, but the ant command now runs fine without the error it was throwing before!

When I exported the repo data from the JS 3.0 version earlier, I named the file - js-3.0-export.zip.

But I suddenly got the idea that maybe the code is looking for a js-3.1-export.zip file, so I renamed the zip file to the 3,1 version.

and it worked! Dont know how! i would think that it would look for a zip file and not particularly the name. But the command executed  with a BUILD SUCCESSFUL result in the end!

Thanks,

Sridevi

Tip

if you are re-branding then you can rename 'jasperserver' in your webapps dir

mv jasperserer reportserver.

your url will now be http://somehost:8080/reportserver

if you have made several changes to WEB-INF dir and need to  to make your own war file

cd to the reports directory

jar -cvf reports.war *

I dont know how to change the script so that it deploys reportserver.war instead of jasperserver.war

maybe somebody else can help

• 1 year later...

I have the same problem and I have put debug flag in the every log4j.properties , it doesn't give me any more useful debug information?? I have clean-config and gen-config already. how to see more useful debug info?

thanks

Buildfile: build.xml
     [echo] overrideDatabaseInstallTargets = ${overrideDatabaseInstallTargets}

import-upgrade-ce:
     [echo] importArgs =
     [echo] catalog arg = --input-zip=js-3.1-export.zip
     [echo] currentConf = /usr/local/etc/apache-tomcat-6.0.28/jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/buildomatic/build_conf/default
     [echo] importExportConfigCe = /usr/local/etc/apache-tomcat-6.0.28/jasperserver-3.5.0-bin/buildomatic/conf_source/import_export_config_ce
     [echo] importExportXmlCe = applicationContext-export-import.xml,applicationContext-for-export.xml,applicationContext-for-olap-export.xml,applicationContext-report-scheduling-for-export.xml,applicationContext-security.xml
     [java] 10:14:46,144  WARN command:81 - Role ROLE_USER already exists, skipping.
     [java] 10:14:46,155  WARN command:81 - Role ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR already exists, skipping.
     [java] 10:14:46,201  WARN command:81 - Role ROLE_ANONYMOUS already exists, skipping.
     [java] 10:14:47,215  WARN command:81 - User anonymousUser already exists, skipping.
     [java] 10:14:47,228  WARN command:81 - User jasperadmin already exists, skipping.
     [java] 10:14:59,743 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
     [java]     at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:180)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.io.ZipFileInput.getFileInputStream(ZipFileInput.java:70)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.io.BaseImportInput.getFileInputStream(BaseImportInput.java:37)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.modules.BaseImporterModule.getFileInput(BaseImporterModule.java:124)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.modules.BaseImporterModule.deserialize(BaseImporterModule.java:99)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.modules.repository.ResourceImporter.readResourceBean(ResourceImporter.java:374)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.modules.repository.ResourceImporter.importResource(ResourceImporter.java:316)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.modules.repository.ResourceImporter.process(ResourceImporter.java:125)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.process(ImporterImpl.java:146)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImporterImpl.performImport(ImporterImpl.java:95)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommandImpl.process(ImportCommandImpl.java:57)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.BaseExportImportCommand.process(BaseExportImportCommand.java:87)
     [java]     at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.export.ImportCommand.main(ImportCommand.java:43)
     [java] Java Result: 255

BUILD SUCCESSFUL
Total time: 18 seconds