Problems with the NVARCHAR datatype

mmdelatorre

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mmdelatorre,

I haven't worked with NVARCHAR datatypes in domains yet. But I suspect you should be able to add them by modifying .../webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/applicationContext-semanticLayer.xml. Look for "jdbcDataSetFactory". You'll find the list of datatypes. Copy the entry for varchar and add one for nvarchar.

If it works please log a bug. NVARCHAR should be available by default. Actually, if it doesn't work, then you should still log a bug.

Regards,
Matt

Matt,

First of all thanks for your help, it´s good to know that this forum is usefull.

I have modified the applicationContext-semanticLayer.xml , and I added the entry for NVARCHAR but still doesn´t work. I don´t know if there is anything else to change.

I´m attaching the xml file so you can check if everything is all right

Thank you

Manuel

Hi,

One more thing I forgot to ask about. I´m trying to add to the reports our enterprise logo but I don´t see how. Maybe it´s because right know I am evaluating the trial version of JasperServer, but it´s very important for us to know if it´s possible to add it and how to do it

Thanks again

Manuel

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This is also covered in the documentation for the 3.7 Pro/Enterprise Editions now. The User Guide has a Note about this, in section 6.4.2 [using the Domain Designer] Tables Tab, on page 127:

"... If your data source has special data types such as CLOB or NVARCHAR2, or if you access synonyms on an Oracle database, you need to configure JasperServer to recognize them. See the configuration chapter in the JasperServer Administrator Guide."

The Admin Guide covers this topic in section 5.8.3 [special Domain Support] Enabling Proprietary Types, on page 55:

"JasperServer provides a JDBC-to-Java type mapping for all standard JDBC column types for use in Domains. However, some databases have proprietary types, such as NVARCHAR2 in Oracle. You can map these types with a special configuration. ..."

Follow the instructions in that section to implement your mapping.