We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

"Saved values" for Report should be per-user

leeyuiwah

Hi,

I really like the feature "Saved values" in Report Options.  It allows users to save a combination of parameters for quick re-runs of the reports with the same (or a similar set of) parameters.

However, I noticed that the object is stored in the parent folder of the reports.  This causes a permission problem because most likely the parent folder would be set to read-only for regular users.  When a regular user tries to save a set of values, JasperServer would complain that "Access denied: You do not have permission to save this option for the report"

I think the objects for keeping those "saved values" should be associated with individual users (but not with the parent folder of a report).  (Perhaps also jasperadmin can have some way to store some sets of "saved values" into a system-wide place so all users can also have (read-only) references from those.)

I wonder if I miss something here.  Is anyone using the feature?  Any good tip/trick to share?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it should be on a per user basis not a report basic.

We ended up taking off the feature (basically hiding the Save Param Values button for our users) as we didn't want users being able to see the saved values of other users. Our users need to share the same reports, not the same param values!!!

Actually didn't want to take the feature off as it's really useful just not in a multi user, sharing reports environment.

Perhaps this should be a feature request for a furture release??

• 2 weeks later...