We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Ant BuildException: "ref\'ed in extends not found"

leeyuiwah

I was building JasperServer (3.5.0), and I ran into this problem

An Ant BuildException has occured: org.hibernate.MappingException: Following superclasses referenced in extends not found: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.common.service.impl.hibernate.persistent.RepoResource

I checked the source code and both RepoResource and RepoResourceBase (which RepoResource extends) are there in the same folder

$ find . -name "RepoResource*"
./jasperserver-api-impl/metadata/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/common/service/impl/hibernate/persistent/RepoResource.java
./jasperserver-api-impl/metadata/src/main/java/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/common/service/impl/hibernate/persistent/RepoResourceBase.java
./jasperserver-api-impl/metadata/target/classes/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/common/service/impl/hibernate/persistent/RepoResource.class
./jasperserver-api-impl/metadata/target/classes/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/common/service/impl/hibernate/persistent/RepoResourceBase.class

And then I searched on the web.  No one seem to have discussed this issue on JasperForge.org, but on a hibernate site I saw a discussion that alluded to a possible interaction between "AnnotationConfiguration" and "add method of Configuration"

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/ANN-151

I wonder if anyone in has seen this problem before.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I tried two things but neither of them helped.  I am stuck here and would very much appreciate some help.

1. I manually installed a newer hibernate-tools jar (to 3.2.3.GA) into my local repo, thinking that may be the old hibernate-tools (3.1.0beta4) was the problem.

$ mvn install:install-file \
  -DgroupId=org.hibernate \
  -DartifactId=hibernate-tools \
  -Dversion=3.2.3.GA \
  -Dpackaging=jar \
  -Dfile=./hibernate-tools-3.2.3.GA.jar

By the way,  if there are multiple versions of the same jar in the local repo (<user.home>/.m2/repository), do I need to do anything to ask Maven2 always pick up the latest one?

2.  I switched to use a newer JDK (jdk1.6.0_03).  Previously I was using jdk1.5.0_16)

Okay I found the problem.  I realized the file RepoResource.hbm.xml (and a number of other hbm.xml files) went missing in the directory

jasperserver-repository-hibernate/src/main/resources/com/jaspersoft/jasperserver/api/metadata/common/service/impl/hibernate/persistent

I don't know how this could happen, but after I unzipped the zipfile again (into a different directory), I saw these files were there (meaning the source zipfile is fine). 

I proceeded to build and this time I could get pass that error message. 

Thanks!

One thing that I have noticed is that on Windows - sometimes the path is too long to unzip all files successfully (ie if you unzip into an already long path name like Documents and Folders/<username>/mybuildfiles/etc/etc/).

Either windows has to fix this problem (probably works ok on Vista - and the new Windows Beta), or I need to shorten our classpath naming!