Using repository query and report templates

pumaking

Hello,

I have a quite complicated concern.

Follwing  conditions:
I have a jasperserver (v.3.1) where I created a folder called "Ressources". In this folder I created some subfolders called "Templates", "Querys", "Images" and "Input Controls" where I put generally available templates for the according ressource types.

Within iReport I can create references to these generally available ressources.

The first problem is that I cannot reference to a query, I get the error message:
1-jsexception.resource.of.type.not.found

So is my intention to use only one query for every report not possible? I know that I can edit the report manually in the jasperserver repository and change the report query to one which exists in the repository. But that way I can't ahndle it with iReport.

My second problem or question is how to create a report unit template. I can only copy a existing report unit within jasperserver to another folder. The problem is that the name stays the same, I can only change the label.
The intention of a template is to create a new report unit based on the template with the new name. Of course I could use a jrxml template in iReport but with that I don't have the ressources for the report unit in jasperserver.

To simplify it, the way to create new reports for our report editors should be as described:

Create a new report unit based on a report unit template where all the ressources from the repository are already available.

Is there a way to achieve this goal?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

You have a reference that cannot be found at the location specified.  If the folders a child folders to the parent, they should be able to see the query.

The second question is that once you name an object, you cannot change it, only the label.  Not sure what will happen if you have the same object name but in different folders.  This should be allowed but might get confusing.