We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Trouble using ROLES in Jasper Server

ramandeep1980
Go to solution Solved by ramandeep1980,

Hi,
I am having trouble using Role feature of jasper server.Im not able  to restrict user and thus not able to implement security.

When i am using already created Role "ROLE_USER" and using this im restricting the user from accessing the reports,r its working fine but when im creating new ROLE and assigning the user to that Role and restricting their acces its not working and as soon as i m signing as this new user im reach on window saying :-

The user has no access to this page. 
Log out 

Even though im doing same for this new ROLE what i have been doing with ROLE_USER.

What im doing is this..I have given access(Administrator or Read ONLY) of all the folder to this new ROLE and just restricting this new role not to access one report but whenever im signing in I not able to work and end up seeing this window :-

The user has no access to this page. 
Log out
Please help here .

Regards,
Raman

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi ,

I think i have got the reply.I am mentioning it hre so that it can be helful to others too.

Make new role and user.Now for security purpose assign this new role and ROLE_USER to the user and the folder where u wanna to apply the security make ROLE_USER to NO ACCESS and use another role to do the work like READ ONLY or ADMIN.. or whatever you want....

Actually , all users need at least ROLE_USER or ROLE_ADMINISTRATOR roles in order to log in and select menu options etc.

I hope it was clear.

Regards,

Raman

Raman,

I think the way you suggest is the simpliest.

If you don't want to use the "ROLE_USER" role, it is possible (I did it) but you have to edit the "applicationContext-security.xml" file and add your new role at the right place in order to have rights to load and execute the jsp files like login,flow*, and so on.

• 5 years later...