Multi select Parameter Passing ?

vishal29bhp

Hello JasperServerians,

I am passing multiselect values from Main report to Child Report as link parameter by doing some Scriptlet , tricks. I am getting the desired result .

But I need to show the selected values of Main report remain selected to Child Report  as well in Jasper .

Any Suggestions Plz.

Vishal

Code:

Post Edited by Vishal Chawre at 04/15/09 10:07

Post Edited by Vishal Chawre at 04/15/09 10:10

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am doing the same also getting the values from the link parameter in the Expression $X(IN,<Field>,<Parameter>) and query is excuting but when setting this link parameter values in default expression, so that i can show the selected values in child report , it is not working there.

Vishal

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Sherman ,

I successfully passed multiselect values as link parameter on on drilling to child report.

My objective is to set focus those values on child report which had been selected at Main Report.

Let me clear this as example.

Suppose i selected  [Gents Footwear, Ladies Footwear ,Kids Footwear] from Main Report .

Now link parameter has "Gents Footwear, Ladies Footwear ,Kids Footwear" value.

Again i making Collection from this String using java.Arrays.asList() method.

Its working fine to execute query.

When i set java.Arrays.asList($P{linkParameter}.split(","))  as Default value Expression in iReport 

it does not give any result means not shows the default values the report is working fine .

When i Hardcoded the values like java.Arrays.asList("Gents Footwear") as Default Value Its shows the Default Value Selected at Child Report.

Again i have to press the reset button to clear the values in link parameter which is of type Not Visible.

Vishal

Post Edited by vishal29bhp at 05/04/2009 05:25

• 5 weeks later...