We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Deploy jrxml files

jmario

Hi all!

Is there any way to package a jrxml report file(s) into a jar package and then deploy the jar to any tomcat server on which jasperserver is running ?

If so, which resources do i need to add to the jar or with the jar to the server?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello

By using Jar utility you can make either Jar file or War.The jrxml uploaded to JasperServer are converted into *.jasper .

But your other question answer yes you can configure the jasperserver web application with other Tomcat server .

You can refer jasperserver installtion guide for this.

Vishal

so there is no option to deploy jrxml to jasper in a jar package, if i understood ??

Can i package the *.jasper files into a jar?

what about some third party tools?

regards

Post Edited by Mario Dietner at 04/07/09 12:32

hi,

thanks for your reply.

what i want to do is to deploy reports to the jasper server. but i don't wont to do it through iReport.  I would like to do it through some external tools maybe like apache ant,... that's why i am asking if the jrxml files can be packaged into a jar.

My situation:

i have some jrxml files :)

What do i need to do to deploy these files with all needed input controls and parameters to jasper server ? (is there any way to package all this sources and then deploy them?) - how can i load these reports for my case to the jasper server ?

hope i was clear enough ? :)

regards

jmario
Wrote:

What do i need to do to deploy these files with all needed input controls and parameters to jasper server ? (is there any way to package all this sources and then deploy them?) - how can i load these reports for my case to the jasper server ?

Each report needs to be deployed to JasperServer as a report unit, which consists of a JRXML plus input control information, additional resources (images/subreport JRXMLs/etc), a data source reference and so on.

If you want to automatically deploy such JasperServer reports, you would have to write an application that uses the JasperServer web services to upload report units to the repository.  Check the JS web services guide for information on how this works.

Regards,

Lucian

• 3 years later...

The tool JDeploy! on http://sourceforge.net/projects/jaspertools/?source=directory

allows to deal with reports deployment on diferents environments (development, pre production, production). It dont touch the datasources when deploying a report, so the systems department can define it. It also defines a estandarized way to package the reports and subreports of a project on a zip file. And includes other utils to list reports, create datasources,...

I hope to helped you.

bye.