piccirm

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the jasperserver log

it's reported an error on a piechart that a sectionhyperlink is expected

I'm wondering why in the iReport preview it works correctly but in the JAsperserver cannot parse the jrxml file

should I copy some libraries files from IReport installation into JAsperserver installation ?

which ones ?

piccirm
Wrote:

ok tks

I've also tried to copy jasperreports-3.5.0.jar and jasperreports-chart-themes-3.5.0.jar from iReport to JAsperserver folders (where now I can see the same 2 files but with 3.1 version) but this does not work

Did you also delete the old (3.1) jars?

no I didn't

after removing those old files and restarting the JAseprserver it seems to work !

so it's not true that there is incompatibility between iReport 3.5 and current Jasperserver version or only for some features ?

is it a correct approach to manually update those files from iReport and JAsperserver since I did not find anything on this on the Guides I 've bought (iReport + JasperSErver guides) ?

in addition viewing the reposrt in htlm some object (for ex termomether chart) do not display while they display correctly in swf or pdf format or even in preview in iReport

this happens with any version of iReport

any explanation of this ?

Well, in general practice you need to use/maintain same version/release for both JS and iReport for better compatibility and support. Sometime you can simply change the jasperreports lib in JS, but there is a change the system not working properly.

piccirm
Wrote:

in addition viewing the reposrt in htlm some object (for ex termomether chart) do not display while they display correctly in swf or pdf format or even in preview in iReport

this happens with any version of iReport

any explanation of this ? 

Maybe you have overlapping elements.  See this FAQ.

Regards,

Lucian