EventHandling Option

shivac

Hi there,

Event Handling option Is there in JasperServer, like ItemClick Event in chart, etc., What I actually want is Drilldown for chart . If so how can achieve it?.  (Consider I have a bar chart which has a 4 bars like A,B,C,D. If I click the D bar then it should create a drilldown based on the D. Is it possible in JasperServer?).

Thanks in Advance,

Shivac

Post Edited by siva chidhambaram at 03/31/09 04:56

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can achieve this by defining ReportExecution bar chart item hyperlinks.  ReportExecution hyperlink need to include a hyperlink parameter called "_report" that provides the repository path of the target report, and custom hyperlink parameters for the report input controls.

Regards,

Lucian

In iReport: right click on the chart, select Chart Data, select the Details tab, select the category serie, click Modify, select the Item Hyperlink tab, select ReportExecution as Hyperlink Type, click the Link Parameters type, click Add, set _report as Link parameter name, set "<URI of the detail report>" (e.g. "/myreports/detailReport") as Value expression, click Ok, click Add again, set the name of the detailed report's parameter as Link parameter name, set the relevant expression (in most cases the same as the Category expression) as Value expression and save everything.

Regards,

Lucian

anandharaj
Wrote:

Just to add, if the detailed report in JS, the URI should be in "repo:/"

You shouldn't do that.  My description was misleading, the "_report" hyperlink parameter should contain the repository path of the report unit, and not the repository URI.  So don't use "repo:/..".

Regards,

Lucian