We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Change in v3.5 -> "Could not load object from"

jbuberel

WIthout any modifications to libraries or JRXML, I just went from JR3.1.4 -> JR3.5, and now I get:

[java] 2009-03-26 16:45:39 ERROR main - Error during report filling using JASPER file: /home/jason/reports/jasper/mf_broker_market_update_primary.jasper to generate JasperPrint object ff808081182d4f6c01182d505a7d12a0 of customer 49555281
     [java] net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Could not load object from location : /home/jason/reports/jasper/mf_broker_title_page.jasper
     [java]     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.util.JRLoader.loadObjectFromLocation(JRLoader.java:271) [jasperreports.jar:na]
     [java]     at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillSubreport.evaluateSubreport(JRFillSubreport.java:324) [jasperreports.jar:na]

However, the .jasper file it claims it cannot load is definitely present:

> ls -la /home/jason/reports/jasper/mf_broker_title_page.jasper
-rw-r--r-- 1 jason jason 30928 2009-03-26 16:16 /home/jason/reports/jasper/mf_broker_title_page.jasper
jason@bunny ~/s/b/jlb>

Was there a change introduced in v3.5 that might be at the root of this? An upgraded library dependency, perhaps?

-jason

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer my own question/problem: I had to remove the following from my Java launch command:

-Dnet.sf.jasperreports.compiler.class=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler -Djasper.reports.compiler.class=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler

With these two parameters removed, report filling completed successfully.

Hi,

Do not make any modifications to your configuration. The problem was cause by a bug that slipped through in the 3.5.0 JAR file that was published on March 25th. If you have downloaded the new version within the first day after the release, you must download it again as a hotfix was applied and the release file were replaced on the download server.

Please do so and let me know how it goes.

Thank you and sorry for any incovenience,

Teodor

Thank you so much for the warning!

The md5sum of the file I downloaded yesterday: 3cfdebf3498b49b3215a2b14543760c3
The md5sum of the file I downloaded just now: ac437a07f5d73838383f7c7583763d13

I then restored the following 3 lines in my jasperreports.properties file:

net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.class = net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler
net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.classpath = @REPORTS_JASPER_DIR@:@REPORTS_JASPER_CLASSPATH@/jasperreports.jar:@REPORTS_JASPER_CLASSPATH@/ireport.jar:@REPORTS_JASPER_CLASSESDIR@
net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.temp.dir = ${java.io.tmpdir}

I also added back these two command line parameters to my java command line:

-Dnet.sf.jasperreports.compiler.class=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler -Djasper.reports.compiler.class=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler

And I can now verify that everything works correctly again.

Side question: Was looking through the configuration documentation, and it seems as though:

net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.class=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler

has been deprecated and replace with:

net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.java=net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRJavacCompiler

Is that correct? Although I cannot exactly recall why I placed this parameter in both my .properties file AND on the command line. Seems redundant.

-jason

Using net.sf.jasperreports.compiler.java instead of the old *.compiler.class is recommended as it allows flexibility wrt reports written in different (expression) languages.

And yes, using both jasperreports.properties and Java system properties is redundant.

Regards,

Lucian