We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

reg: Domain Security filterExpression

rkm258

Hi,

I tried setting up security filter and was successful in running a couple. But there seems to be a misunderstanding on how filterExpression in the resourceAccessGrants is defined.

1. Is the filterExpression a groovy expression like the principalExpression, if so how can i generated a row security filter expression that serves the purpose like below sql filter

a.  user.user_id in (1,3,4,5,6)

where user id is an integer. The values are unkown and will be obtained dynamically. Please let me know how i can achieve this in a filterExpression, may be a list of Interger objects.

b. x.thrashed_date IS NULL

so as to get only those records which have not been destroyed. thrashed_date is a database column of type timestamp.

2. Is a itemGroupAccessGrants definition mandatory. What if i donot have any column security filter to apply.

I ignored that column security filter, but found an exception and hence had to place it in to access grant for my user roles.

3. Is there any documentation to better understand the security file format, syntax for expressions, tutorials. The samples and documentation are not of great help, in providing advanced row filtering on data.

Thanks

Ram

Post Edited by Rama Mukkamalla at 03/26/09 21:13

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic