We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

delete or modify specific datasources, reports

thomassoo

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, idea from client, we cannot use ireport to change the setting. we only allow to use command to remove or modify. only idea I know, we can drop all jasperserver content in current server and import another server's jasperserver content.

migration report, data source from UAT server to Production server. Client don't want to remove or modify report, datasource and folder by login jasper server. they want to use command to update jasperserver information. anyway, i know the way to update report and data source but how about delete folder, report and data source.

Post Edited by thomas soo at 03/24/09 09:05

Is that mean that you only want to migrate certain information (reports, datasource, etc) to the PRD server? If that is the case, i would just use the import-export tool to do the job

If the user still insist to do any changes from UI, perhaps they can do it directly in DB (if they know how to do) :-)

If your aim is to delete resources in JasperServer without using either JasperServer-UI or iReport, then you could probably write a simple Java class with main method that will call JasperServer WebService to delete the resource. This class can be bundled as a jar file with dependencies, and can be executed from .cmd or .sh by passing required arguments

You can refer to JasperServer-Web-Services-Guide.pdf for more details on JasperServer WebService