We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer reporting problem

kidice

Hi,

after generating severals reports on the jasperserver, it doesn't respond anymore when i try to request a report over the ui or with the webservice. After that freezing i can still logon on the jasperserver, browse through the repository and open an analysis view. Does anyone have an idea why  this problem occurs?

i'm using jasperserver 3.1 with an oracle database on tomcat. I also tried to run the jasperserver on jboss but same problem here. After generating a couple reports the jboss doesn't respond to report requests, too.

thanks for your help

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like the reports you are running are maxing out the server or taking longer than you expect.

Do the queries in the reports take a long time or return a lot of rows? How many pages do you expect to produce? Have you run the report outside the server, say in iReport?

Also what amount of memory are you giving the server?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Post Edited by Sherman Wood at 03/05/09 07:38

Very strange.

So you are seeing the problem running reports in the browser and with web services. Does it happen when you schedule a report?

How is the data source set up in JasperServer? JDBC? JNDI? How many users are using the report/data source at once?

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Yes, i see the problem in running the reoprts in the browser with web services. It doesn't occur when i schedule a report or run the report with the JasperServer web interface.

the datasouce in JasperServer is a JDBC connection to an Oracle database. I'm currently the only one who uses the JasperServer.