We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how to pass a parameter from one report to other?

shalomd

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi shalom,
U can do it by creating hyperlink.Create a hyperlink on the requied fields.Click right on it and select hyperlink option.Thenchoose target to be "ReportExecution and other option as "Self".
Go to link parameter and add parameter which you wanna to get passed onto other report.Also add one more parameter as "_report"" and in expression give the repository path of thae second report.
Now when u will run this report you will goto the second report

Hope this will be helpful.
Regards,
Raman

hi raman! first of all thank you for your answer. i did what you wrote and the link is ok, but in the second report when i try to show the parameter value by dragging it from the parameter's list i see "null". why????

Post Edited by Shalom Dinur at 03/10/09 11:08

When you are passing parameters between reports you have to make sure you specify the exact name of the parameters from the 2nd report on the hyperlink tab in the 1st report.

So if my parameter name is "Customer_last_Name". When in the hyperlink tab, I click on add parameter and I use "Customer_last_Name" as the link parameter name and then I specify the correct class and then on the expression I would put in something like this "$P{Customer_last_Name} for the local parameter I am passing to the 2nd report. You can also replace it with a $F if you want to pass fields. Check to make sure your names match.