We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Unable to connect to Vertica (Other JDBC sources?)

rajukvg

Hi,

We are using Vertica database, trying to connect to Jasperserver. Where do i place the jdbc driver of Vertica in jasperserver ?(currently i placed it at <localpath>/jasperserver/scripts/drivers) and while configuring the JDBC data source i have provided the driver name as com.vertica.Driver and the jdbc url as jdbc:vertica://<ipAddress>:5433/dbname

When i tried testing the connection. It gives me a message saying "connection Failed". Can any one help me on this?

Regards,

Raju

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though i was able to connect to the database. When i try creating a new Domain from this datasource. The objects are not replaced. From the Admin-> resources page. I selected the menu option to create a new domain. Application asked me for the datasource. I have provided the datasource that i have newly created. Immideately i got a popup asking to select the "schema" to which i want to connect to. Upon selecting and pressing ok, the tables are not loaded. Is there any alternative for this?

Regards,

Raju

Copying my message from another thread.

My experience with Vertica was that their JDBC v.2.1 driver has a bug.

If you get DatabaseMetaData object and call getTables method on it, and pass an array of table types, it returns nothing unless you request just "TABLE" type and nothing else. If you add "VIEW", "ALIAS", etc., it stops returning even tables.

Therefore, to make Domain Designer work , you need to edit jdbcMetaConfiguration bean in applicationContext-semanticLayer.xml file and comment out all table types but <value>TABLE</value>.