We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

iReport 3.1.4 NB Title on new page?

fancellu

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just upgraded from 3.1.3 to 3.1.4 hoping that the iReport Help would have more subject matter other than just the "Servers and Databases" section but no such luck.

From the PDF of the table of contents on the Definitive Guide web page it looks like no changes have been made to this book since iReport version 1.2.1.

The forum seems to be the best source of information on iReport but searching the forum is another challenge in itself.

fancellu,

When you have a report open, click in the highest level node (the report name) in the Report Inspector. Then you'll find the report properties in the Properties panel (by default this is on the right side of the screen). The last of these properties is "Title on a new page".

fancellu & paulhuelskamp,

I'm sorry to say that the Definitive Guide has not been updated to the 3.1.x release yet. But I'm very happy to say that internal drafts have begun circulating at Jaspersoft. I don't know what the official target is for a release date, but I know that it's coming soon. Yee haw!

paulhuelskamp,

The current document's age is not quite a bleak as you suppose: the documentation was updated for iReport 3.0.

The current search facilities are every bit as bleak as you suppose. Man oh man it's tough to find things. But it's genuinely better than it used to be. And we've been assured that it will continue to improve as the forge evolves. I believe the next major iteration is planned for March.

Regards,
Matt