We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to read VARIABLES of subreport in main report?

nkamir

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let as assume u have two reports with name X and Y .You want to use report X as a Subreport to report Y, Declare one Variable(sub-var) in X report and one variable(main-Var) in Y report

In X report for the sub-var set the properties as :-

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Variablename---sub-var

class---depending  which datatype u want to return

Calculation---Nothing

Increment type---Nothing

Variable Expression---Provide the  field name($F{XYZ}) u want to use in report Y     

and for Y report varibale(main-var) set the properties as :-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Variablename---sub-var

class---required datatype

Calculation---Nothing

Increment type---Nothing

Variable Expression---it should be empty    

Now,use this X report as a sub report in Y report,on clicking of sub-report(X) u wil get the properties of sub-report(X) in dat u wil find "Return Values",browse dat one ,click on add and provide the variables names which u declare in X report(sub-var) in "Subreport Varaible" and Y report(main-var) in "Local Destination Varibale" and "Caluculation Type" as "Nothing".

Drag one text feild in Y report and provide the variable name (main-var) in the text feild expression ..

Now,use this text filed for any type of calculation

Post Edited by Ramesh Dudam at 02/06/09 06:58

When I set the calculation type to 'Sum' then it actually assigns the value, otherwise it shows 'null'

May be it is just in my case, since I have a lot going on in my report, I don't know if something else is causing this, but its working fine,

The attachment shows the screenshot.

Thanks Ramesh

Post Edited by Nasir Amir at 02/06/09 22:49

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am new at ireport. I have a subreport X and main report Y, I want to return variable from subreport X to Y . I declare variable subvar in subreport X and variable mainvar in Y. When I click on subreport X properties ,Subreport Other,Subreport return values and want to select variable subvar in the 'Subreport Variable'  there appears only buit in vriables and there is no subvar.Could you please give me sum hints? Thanks in advance