JasperServer 3.1 and iReport

sdemills

The version of iReport supplied with JasperServer 3.1 seems unable to store a report that was built outside of the server into the server. This appears to be v3.1.2.

I also have the latest iReport which was downloaded separately to JasperServer 3.1 and that too is unable to store a report that was built outside of the server into the server. This definitely is v3.1.2

I still have installed the version of iReport that came with JasperServer 2 and that one IS able to store reports built outside of the server into the server. This is v2. So by using that version of iReport one can get around this problem.

The problem is that the first two mentioned above fail to [a] pick up the datasource and convert it for use within the server, and fail to pick up embedded JPGs and have those copied to the server.

So this message is really intended as a BUG Report for the JasperServer 3.1 package as it does not integrate properly with its companion version of iReport.

Kind Regards
Steve

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Importing my report from iReport 3.1.2 fails with an error dialog that simply says NULL.

Repeating the import from iReport v2.0.2 it goes through one extra step where it tells me that the server does not have my embedded graphic JPG logo that is in the report and gives me a chance to import that too, after which the import succeeds.

Attached: the first graphi shows v2.0.2 requesting the JPG and the second shows the error being reported in v3.1.2.

Post Edited by Steve Mills at 12/27/08 18:04