We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Configure email SMTP for JasperServer 3

sdemills

The documentation says to configure these details in...

H:Program Filesjasperserver-3.1apache-tomcatwebappsjasperserverWEB-INFjs.mail.properties

Obviously the first part of the path depends on where the installation was done.

I created that properties file but JasperServer 3.1 doesn't seem to use it because attempts to email reports all fail and the smpt details given in the log aren't the ones in this file.

I also noticed that there is another one of these files (already existing this time) in...

H:Program Filesjasperserver-3.1scriptsconfigjs.mail.properties

However, JasperServer 3.1 doesn't seem to take any notice of that one either because it fails and the log details are the same - they don't contain SMTP details from either of these files.

Does anyone know how to configure the email settings (apart from re-installing of course)?

Kind Regards
Steve

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the tip. I set up the additional file mentioned on your blog and got a different error message - clearly it was now picking up my mail parameters but failing to use them. So I changed the params to use my ISP's SMTP server instead of my Yahoo account and it worked just fine.

I've bookmarked your blog.