We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Help: I thought I had this resolved

lconklin

I am back to getting this error. The jrxml works fine using iReports. When I which over to using jasper server I get the error below.

at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: transaction is read-only
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1548)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1316)
 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:191)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:452)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:351)
 at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:255)
 at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:135)
 ... 100 more

15:18:19,656 ERROR JSErrorPage_jsp,http-8080-Processor23:329 -
net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : JobCost-InvalidTime
 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:141)
 at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.util.JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.java:127)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:668)
 at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:588)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received a "transaction is read-only" error through Oracle on a particular report after upgrading from JS2 to JS3. It turns out that the report used a stored procedure which wrote to temporary tables, which you are not allowed to do in a r/o connection.

Hence I suspect you are (a) using a stored proc, and (b) doing a write operation in that procedure. I presume that JS3 uses a r/o connection to the server by default, but you might be able to ask here how to open a connection that allows write ops as well. Failing that you could always rethink your approach so that you only execute read operations in your sql?