Subreport XML Datasource Question

donclary

I have a master report and four subreports that function correctly in iReport (3.0.0).  The JasperReports version is also 3.0.0.  Calling the master report from within a java program generates the correct number of pages and no errors.  However, the subreports contain none of the data from XML datasource that is present when running the same report templates.  I have stepped through most of the "fill" methods, but did not identify where the data was actually getting pulled from the datasource. 

Does anyone have any hints (1) as to why data is not getting to the report from when run from the java app, or (2) where to look in the JasperReports source for extracting the data from the datasource?

Thank you!

Don

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kalim!

Thanks very much for the hint.  I implemented some "print when" fields in my subreports to print the passed in parameters.  The entire report works correctly when the reports are loose in the same directory as my test app.  The values are null, when I jar up the jasper files and run my full program (which only uses the jasper files), so something odd is happening.  It will take more experimentation to figure out what is going on.

Thank you!

Don