We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Error upgrading to JS 3.1

Dimas

I upgraded and have that error when starting:

Nov 26, 2008 10:16:09 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'reportSchedulerMailSender' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'report.scheduler.mail.sender.host'

Nov 26, 2008 10:16:09 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.SpringBeanServletContextPlublisher
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'reportSchedulerMailSender' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'report.scheduler.mail.sender.host'

I've deployed the new war and restored my configuration files, including 'js.mail.properties'. That contains:

report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=localhost
report.scheduler.mail.sender.username=
report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=
report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=informatica@htrueta.scs.es
report.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=smtp
report.scheduler.mail.sender.port=25

I've seen that on the original 3.1 WAR file there isn't any js.mail.properties. That's normal?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem solved.. I haven't read the Upgrade Guide: js.quartz.properties, js.mail.properties and js.scheduler.properties now are in one file: js.quartz.properties Seems like no connection with my MySQL database:  In my context.xml I've changed 'root' with 'jasperdb' but when I restart tomcat the logs continue with 'root' access denied. Some idea? Thx :(

Code:
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'hibernateRepositoryService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'schedulingReportDeleteListener' while setting bean property 'repositoryListeners' with key [2]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'schedulingReportDeleteListener' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportSchedulingService' while setting bean property 'schedulingService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'schedulingReportDeleteListener' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportSchedulingService' while setting bean property 'schedulingService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingService': FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportSchedulingFacade' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportQuartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'target'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'reportQuartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'quartzScheduler' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]] Caused by: org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Failure occured during job recovery. [see nested exception: org.quartz.JobPersistenceException: Failed to obtain DB connection from data source 'springNonTxDataSource.JasperServerScheduler': org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) [see nested exception: org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory (Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES))]]

Post Edited by Dimas at 11/26/08 11:52

I don't fully understand the mechanism between the context.xml and jasperserver.xml files. As far as I remember, the updates done in the context.xml files do not affect tomcat which is based on the $HOMETomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xml file. What I do (as far as I remember) is :

- stop Tomcat

- modify context.xml

- delete $HOMETomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xml

- restart Tomcat

The context.xml file is copied as $HOMETomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver.xmlwith the updates

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I am stuck at exactly the point as #48955 above.

I noticed that my apache-tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver-pro.xml contains

username="root" password="password"

and my apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/META-INF/context.xml contains

username="jasperdb" password="password"

which are the correct values, but Tomcat upon start would pickup the values from the first file.

I tried the procedures suggested in #48977 but it did not work.

Any help? Thanks a lot in advance.

Okay, now I understand that I also need to remove (or move away) this file (if it is there)

apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro.war

For more info, read Appendix B.2.3 (Special Confguration Case under Tomcat) of the JasperServer Installation Guide.

Now I don't see any start-up error message in catalina.YYYY-MM-DD.log, catalina.out, nor localhost.YYYY-MM-DD.log

However, my browser still could not get to the jasperserver as it could before my upgrade. The url that I pointed to is http://:8080/jasperserver-pro

The error message was "404 The requested resource (/jasperserver-pro) is not available". Any idea? Thanks!

I am still stuck at my upgrade ...

I made some progress but am still not there.

I noticed that there are several things to be careful (the sections below refer to the JasperServerPro Installation Guide)

1. Whenever I mess with the directory apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/, I need to shut down tomcat first; otherwise I may lose the whole directory (I don't understand why, however)

2. There MUST NOT be the war file apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro.war, but there MUST be the directory apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro (Section B.2.3)

3. I must manually merge the content of the  two files (under apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver-pro/)

WEB-INF/js.mail.properties

WEB-INF/js.scheduler.properties

to the file

WEB-INF/js.quartz.properties

(C.f. Section 9.3)

4. There also MUST NOT be a file

apache-tomcat/conf/Catalina/localhost/jasperserver-pro.xml

(C.f. Section B.2.3 -- but note that there are some typos there)

Instead, a file

apache-tomcat/webapps/META-INF/context.xml

MUST be there and contain the right username and password to connect to the local mysql DB.  I can verify this username and password by trying interactively logging into the DB

# mysql -u <username> -p

<type in the password>

Despite all cautions that I have taken, I still got this (more detailed log from catalina.out in the code section below)

error  Could not resolve placeholder 'quartz.delegateClass'

I am stuck now.  Please help!

Clement

Code:
Dec 27, 2008 6:35:03 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol initINFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080Dec 27, 2008 6:35:03 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina loadINFO: Initialization processed in 390 msDec 27, 2008 6:35:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startINFO: Starting service CatalinaDec 27, 2008 6:35:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startINFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20Dec 27, 2008 6:35:03 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost startINFO: XML validation disabled18:35:06,148 ERROR ContextLoader,main:205 - Context initialization failedorg.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'quartzScheduler' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'quartz.delegateClass'        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:244)        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:75)        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:414)        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:328)        at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)        at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:49)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3763)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4211)        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectory(HostConfig.java:904)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployDirectories(HostConfig.java:867)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:474)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)

Something must be wrong with my setup.  I noticed that in the failure of my last post #50074, the error is due to an offending line in /WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml related to a parameter quartz.delegateClass (see the log in the code section below), so I decided to move out that xml file.

Then I ran into a problem with another xml file: /WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-options.xml (see the log in the code section below), so I also moved out that xml file.

Then I ran into a problem with yet another xml file: /WEB-INF/applicationContext-adhoc.xml (see the log in the code section below), so I also moved out that xml file

Now, I found that I would not have an errro message in catalina.out, but the startup did not appear to have finished (but stop right after the point of "INFO: XML validataion disabled" (also see the log below).

When I pointed my browser to the jasperserver, I did not get a "404 The requested resource is not available" message.  Instead, the browser would go into a perpetual wait.

Please help.  Thanks!

Clement

Code:
 [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Could not resolve placeholder 'quartz.delegateClass'        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.processProperties(PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.java:244)        at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyResourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyResourceConfigurer.java:75)19:40:14,405 ERROR ContextLoader,main:205 - Context initialization failedorg.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'reportOptionsJobsPersistenceHibernateService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-options.xml]: Could not resolve parent bean definition 'reportJobsPersistenceHibernateService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportJobsPersistenceHibernateService' is definedCaused by:org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportJobsPersistenceHibernateService' is defined        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:340)        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:906)19:44:59,257 ERROR ContextLoader,main:205 - Context initialization failedorg.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'adhocEngineService' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-adhoc.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportOptionsService' while setting bean property 'reportOptionsService'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportOptionsService' is definedCaused by:org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportOptionsService' is defined        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:340)Dec 27, 2008 7:54:39 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol initINFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080Dec 27, 2008 7:54:39 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina loadINFO: Initialization processed in 392 msDec 27, 2008 7:54:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startINFO: Starting service CatalinaDec 27, 2008 7:54:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startINFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20Dec 27, 2008 7:54:39 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost startINFO: XML validation disabled

You need to have both applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml and applicationContext-report-options.xml.

You only need to set the properties files in WEB-INF and the webapps/jasperserver-pro/META-INF/context.xml.

The js.quartz.properties file should look like:

quartz.delegateClass=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate

quartz.tablePrefix=QRTZ_

quartz.extraSettings=

report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=mail.localhost.com
report.scheduler.mail.sender.username=admin
report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=password
report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=admin@localhost.com
report.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=smtp
report.scheduler.mail.sender.port=25

report.scheduler.web.deployment.uri=http://localhost:8080/jasperserver-pro

You can see the quartz.delegateClass setting there.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Sherman,

Thanks for your help.  But unfortunately the problem is still there. 

In your message, you suggested to use quartz.delegateClass while the original js.quartz.properties use org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass

There are also some other subtle difference between your suggested keys (see the code below for a diff).  Are they intended.  I hope there were no typos in your message.

In any case, I got the same error.  That is, the start up seems to abort after the line

INFO: XML validation disabled

and the web browser would be going into a perpetual wait (but not getting a 404 error as before, such as that in #50064)

I also attached the startup message from catalina.out in the code below.

Code:
- was from the original js.quartz.properties+ was from Sherman's suggested keys and values[root@mh-tmp-central WEB-INF]# diff -u /root/leecy/JS-3.1/js.quartz.properties js.quartz.properties --- /root/leecy/JS-3.1/js.quartz.properties     2008-12-27 18:16:35.000000000 -0500+++ js.quartz.properties        2008-12-30 14:13:36.000000000 -0500@@ -3,14 +3,15 @@ org.quartz.threadPool.threadPriority=3  org.quartz.jobStore.misfireThreshold=180000-org.quartz.jobStore.driverDelegateClass=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate -org.quartz.jobStore.tablePrefix=QRTZ_+quartz.delegateClass=org.quartz.impl.jdbcjobstore.StdJDBCDelegate+quartz.tablePrefix=QRTZ_+quartz.extraSettings= -report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=mail.jaspersoft.com+report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=mail.localhost.com report.scheduler.mail.sender.username=admin report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=password-report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=admin@jaspersoft.com+report.scheduler.mail.sender.from=leecy@alcatel-lucent.com report.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=smtp report.scheduler.mail.sender.port=25 ===========================================================catalina.outDec 30, 2008 2:13:49 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol pauseINFO: Pausing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080Dec 30, 2008 2:16:22 PM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol initINFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080Dec 30, 2008 2:16:22 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina loadINFO: Initialization processed in 420 msDec 30, 2008 2:16:22 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService startINFO: Starting service CatalinaDec 30, 2008 2:16:22 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine startINFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20Dec 30, 2008 2:16:22 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost startINFO: XML validation disabled

Sherman and everyone,

Oh, I have to correct myself for my message stated in #50156 ...

I realized that I forgot to move back these three needed files (which I moved out in #50075)

WEB-INF/applicationContext-adhoc.xml

WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-options.xml

WEB-INF/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml

Once I shutdown JS,  moved these files back into position, and started JS, JasperServer could start normally now.

Thank you!

Clement

================

P.S. I also have to correct that in $50156, there were actually error message in catalina.out -- it was just that they showed after a long wait (time out).  Those error message are listed below in the code section just for completeness (for someone else to troubleshoot their problems if need be)

Code:
org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'proReportSchedulerServiceImpl' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/applicationContext-pro-web-services.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'reportOptionsSchedulingService' while setting bean property 'scheduler'; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportOptionsSchedulingService' is definedCaused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean named 'reportOptionsSchedulingService' is defined        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:340)