We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

WINDOWS VS UNIX Label/Field truncation

sataks_76

Hi,

We have been working on generating reports(IN PDF) using "Jasper Reports" and are struck in resolving
adjusting the label/field "WIDTH" to display the full value

The report works PERFECT when executed on windows version, but the same report truncates the value when executed on UNIX (AIX)

EG :   with width set to 30 the value on windows show as "THIS IS TEST MESSAGE", but the same appears as

"THIS IS TEST MESS" on UNIX (AIX). I was looking into different forums and didn't find anyone facing such issue. Did we missed any BASIC step of adjusting/defining some parameter/setting on Unix box (AIX)?

The application is running on WAS 6.1

AIX version is 3.5

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know -- I always have this problem too, although in our case, we just use Linux in production and Windows  for development.

I've come to accept the fact that I have make my widths big enough or the font small enough or the padding small enough that

things work on Linux.

I think there are discussions in the FAQ pages about fonts and such, but I've never tried to digest it all.

Betty

• 4 years later...

I too have the same problem ,where I use a windows machine for development but the server is on UNIX .

Not only on UNIX and windows but its slightingly different between two different windows also .

Our QA team is opening a bug for each label ,Its getting frustrating :(